CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

While You Were Sleeping...

I bought WHY?'s Alopecia from Criminal on Saturday. It's amazing, like moody, dark, and bleak. WHY? is really the hipster's answer to emo - I take that back actually. WHY? is the hipster's answer to Cake. With a little bit of Atmosphere. And Weezer. Just not...emo. Even still, the album is really good and cheap, since it only costs 9.99.

Speaking of music, and Atlanta, we're less than two weeks away from National Record Store Day! Yes, it means you should totally squeal with glee like a little schoolgirl. It's totally called for in this instance. Now about that time you found a Diane Von Furstenburg top for half off...But the lineup of bands playing live is amazing (I still cannot believe NRSD is fur-reee!) and it includes: Judi Chicago, Noot D' Noot, the Coathangers, Anna Kramer and the Lost Cause, and Manchester Orchestra, among many others. It's gonna be RAD. The sidewalk sale means reguluarly priced CDs are going for about a dollar and I think they said 9 dollars for a set of 4 is the most money you'll pay. I heard there was going to be a benefit CD made up to raise funds for the dudes and dudettes living over in Cabbagetown since their shit got like vaped in the stormnado...but I'm not sure.

It's still worth looking forward to. Free pizza too, BTW.

And about looking forward, for the few people on earth that read this blog, I'm going on a little vacay to LA to look at colleges with my mother (fun.) so I won't be here for about a week. Not like you read this or anything, but if you care, yeah, that's where I'll be. You'll have to get your interesting info from others...who? I just don't know.

I just don't know. PS Charleton Heston passed away, K?

Your electric bird,
Erika