CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hello? Do You Have Thom Yorke In A Basement?

Okay, yesterday night, around midnight, I was still wide awake (a Coke, two slices of Domino's pizza, a cup of cran-pom juice, a bag of M&Ms and a Fat Boy will do that to you) and flipping listlessly through the channels when I landed on vh1 and guess what I saw?

Radiohead's In Rainbows From the Basement.

All the commercials about it had been saying it premiered at 0:00:00 AM which meant absolutely nothing at the time. But when the clock hit midnight, I got it. Very clever, vh1. I will give you that one.

But oh man, it was wicked rad! Except for the occasional time when Mr. Yorke got so into the music that he started swaying and tossing his arms to and fro - a time when someone should've reminded him that he wasn't at a Cypress Hill concert. But aside from that, it was all that and a bag of Chips Ahoy! I really enjoyed it.

I don't know if it'll come on again, for all you sad souls that missed it, but vh1 has a habit of repeatedly beating it's audience over the head with its programming, so...who knows?

My favorite track from In Rainbows, (aside from "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi"): "Reckoner"


video.vh1.com

Blast that shit!

Your electric bird,
Erika