CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Things What Make Me Happy This Week: Step It Up & Dance, Bravo In General, Fridickulous Pickup Lines

So I might be addicted to television. But it's a baby addiction, like when you don't have to have meth everyday but a hit or two sure makes the day a lot better. It used to be worse; I used to hate going on family trips or to hotels without cable 'cos I loved the telly so much. Isn't it cute how I tossed that little British-ism in there? I'm a fecking genius.

Anyhoo...for some reason (perhaps suspected brain damage from when I hit my head on that big flower pot as a kid), I am really digging Bravo, the television channel. At first (when K-Griff's reality show hit the air) I was a little "ehhh" about Bravo. But then it's like someone hit the Bravo execs with some kind of common sense stick! They took Queer Eye off the air! There was Project Runway, Shear Genius, Top Chef...and now Real Housewives of the OC and NYC! (With an ATL spinoff in the making!) It almost can't get any better! Now I less than symbol three Bravo so bad...well, let's just say if I could've found it a tux, I wouldn't taken that bastard to prom.

And for some really weird reason, B-Vo's been straight killing it this week with their programming.

Normally I hate dance-themed reality shows, you know, like So You Think You Can Dance? or Dancing With The Stars. Also, I normally hate things involving Elizabeth Berkeley. (Saved By The Bell was nothing, btw, without Lark Voorhies.)

So you can imagine my innate veneration for Showgirls. Oh, and this new B-Vo show Step It Up & Dance. It's like about these (crappy) totally dedicated dancers that go on this show to tell the world! just how (bad) serious they are about dancing. They do (stupid) totally realistic challenges like going on (lame) AWEsome auditions, learn (MC Skat Kat kind of shitty) innovative choreography, and even battle each other with (retarded) completely sweet moves! It's electric! As it turns out, Berkeley (you know, not actually having danced) is even less useless than Padma Lakshmi (TC Hot-tay!). She just calls the kids, tells them to leave, pretty much makes the position of show-host seem as simple as spotting the fallacy of Wheel Of Fortune. Freaking conspiracy! But the best part of this show is that the dancers seem like they don't mind being satires of themselves. The show, actually, is like a satire of the world of dance. It's fab!

Anyway, there's this uber-creepy McCreepy pants dude on there who's always telling the dancers how to dance (btw he can't) and wearing weird on the verge of pilling knitwear sweaters. One time he danced and I think an angel lost its wings. Oh, and somewhere, a little girl got some platform sandals. Needless to say, homeboy brings all kind of evil into this world.
There was this contestant/dancer on the come up called Oscar. He's Italian, trained in music theatre, and fully better than anyone else (in the world and on the show). I will props him on his style choices...but that's where it begins and ends. He's super hilariously removed from the real world outside of dancing...or was, till he got voted off for the musical theatre challenge. Haha! Irocany is sweet...

Anyway, Step It Up & Dance comes on Bravo on Thursday nights at 10 pm. Bask in the limelight.

Oh yeah! And I totally heard the worst pickup line of my life today while I was on Forsyth and Marietta St. I was walking to DOTS (not my first mistake of the day, sadly) when this guy said to me, "Hi love, can I ask you a question?" I rolled my eyes and said, "What?" And he was like, "Can we go to the movies tonight?" Like, GAWWWDDD!

I said no.

Your electric bird,
Erika